Last updated on June 5th, 2021 at 11:19 pm
What is VPN?
What is VPN? the long-form of VPN is Virtual Private Network(VPN). You can make a secure connection with another network over the Internet, by using VPN. The virtual private network is a system that is developed by utilizing open wires — as a rule, the Internet — to associate with a private system, for example, an organization’s internet. In short, VPN enhances the internet, and it is a powerful tool for your devices. You can do a lot of things by using a VPN, you can watch movies and TV from any of your devices fast and securely. Also, you can utilize parts of the internet that are blocked in specific nations. You can keep your internet traffic private even when you’re on an unsecured public network.
VPN’s networks have servers and that servers are more than hundreds in numbers and located worldwide. Once you have a VPN account, you can connect to the internet through any of these locations. Of course, the connection is private, so your internet speed will fast, and free from throttling and buffering. Once you are connected, all your internet traffic is encapsulated in a tunnel, allowing it to pass through government filters. Inside that tunnel, your data is encrypted.No one can see it but you and the people you send it to. Not even your internet provider! In short, VPN makes the internet free, open, and private. Using VPNs isn’t rocket science, in fact, it’s as easy as downloading an app for your mobile phone or computer.
As per the above information, VPN gives you encryption to secure your data. That implies that governments, ISPs, landowners, or any other individual that may attempt to “sniff” your traffic can’t see what you are doing. Moreover, a VPN permits you to “spoof” your area abroad. This can permit you to get to Geo-limited content! VPN is a technology that adds an extra layer of security to your internet browsing. so here I listed the best free VPN services that allow you to browse the internet more securely and privately.
Best Free VPN :
- HotSpot Shield
- CyberGhost VPN
- VPN Gate
- HideMan VPN
- VPN Defender
Uses of VPNs
- Preventing Online Tracking & Profiling.
- Access a Business Network & Home Network While Travelling.
- Unlimited TV Streaming.
- Access Geo-Blocked Websites.
- Mask your Online Presence(Hiding your IP address).
- Downloading Files.
- Anonymous Sign-ups and Purchases.
- Private Internet Access.
- An Extra Layer of Protection.
How to set up VPN in Windows
If you are a windows user then using a VPN is very easy. Follow the following procedure.
- On your computer/laptop, press the Windows key, type VPN, and click the “Set up a virtual private network (VPN) connection” option. (If you use Windows 8/10, you’ll have to click the Settings category after searching.)
- Now create a VPN connection window will open, use that wizard to enter the internet address and destination name.and click “Next”
- Now, enter the login credentials(Username & Password) of the VPN service you want to use and click to “connect”
- That’s it, you can then connect or disconnect from VPNs using the network icon in the system tray – the same one where you manage the Wi-Fi networks you’re connected to.
Thus, you can use a VPN in a windows system. If you are new and want to use VPN, then try the above-mentioned free VPN.