When your PS4 inbox stopped showing messages, missing save files, game icons, game freezing, and frame drops then you need to rebuild the database in PS4. If you don’t know how to rebuild the database PS4 then don’t worry. It’s a very simple process and here I am writing about how to rebuild PS4 database. You can rebuild your PS4 database via the console’s Safe Mode troubleshooter.
It will cause no damage as it’s a common console maintenance strategy. You’ll have the option to remove corrupted data further improving load times, and general system performance. Rebuilding the database of PS4 can take hours so be ready to wait not to be playing games on your PS4.
How To Rebuild PS4 Database
- Press and hold the power button on the PS4 to switch off the console.
- Once more press and hold the power button for seven seconds. The console will make the first beep following two or three seconds, and afterward a second beep after around seven seconds. The second beep indicates it has entered Safe Mode.
- Plug your DualShock 4 regulator into the console through its USB link.
- Now, press the PlayStation button on your controller.
- Select option 5: Rebuild Database
- Follow the instructions (if any), and wait that the process will wrap up.
As I said, the process might require hours, depending upon the condition of your PC and the data size on the drive. Thus you can rebuild your PS4 database.
When to rebuild the database in PS4?
If you are using PS4 then it’s best after every 4 months you can rebuild your database.
- When your console can’t read the disc on the disc tray.
- If your play station starts shutting down itself.
- In case, you are unable to delete files from your internal drive.
- When you are unable to system update. It will give an error, a crash a loop, or something else.
- When you get a database corruption errors like:
- You see database corruption errors like: “The database is corrupted. The PS4 will Restart,” “Corrupted Data – Cannot load the saved data because it is corrupted,” “Hard disk drive is corrupt,” “CE-34875-7,” and “NP-32062-3.”
- Downloads take more time and downloads are stuck on views and queued.
- The game gets crashed while playing or gets errors.
- You will notice performance issues or games running slower than usual.