It’s difficult to delete a phone number from Facebook if you are using two-factor authentication on Facebook. Because two-factor authentication needs your mobile phone number. In short, you can’t delete your phone number from Facebook. But don’t be a worry here I am writing about how to restrict Facebook’s access to your phone number.
How To Restrict Facebook’s access to your phone number
You can hide your mobile number on Facebook by tweaking some Facebook settings. When you hide your phone number on Facebook, it will prevent people from searching for you if they have your phone number.
- Go to Facebook and in the upper right, select the little triangle and then “Settings.”
- Select “Privacy” from the left column.
- Find the question, “Who can look you up using the phone number you provided?” And change it from everyone to friends.
How to make your phone number private on Facebook mobile
- Open the Facebook app and select the “hamburger” menu in the top right corner.
- Scroll down and select “Settings & Privacy,” then select “Settings,” then scroll down and “Privacy Settings.”
- For the question “Who can look you up using the phone number you provided,” you have three choices: everyone, friends of friends, or friends. There is no “no one” option. Set it to the most restricted setting, “Friends.”
Thus make your phone number private on Facebook mobile.
Leave a Reply