An unwanted blank page either in the middle or at the end of a document in Microsoft word is very annoying and that cannot seem to be deleted. Are you worrying? don’t be panic here I am writing about how to delete a page in word.
How to delete a page in word
Here are some possible ways to delete your unwanted blank page in Microsoft Word.
- The essential solution- go to your unwanted blank page, click as close to the bottom of the page as you can get, and press your backspace key until the page is removed.
- Go to the VIEW tab, select Navigation Pane in the Show section, select the blank page thumbnail in the left panel, and press your delete key until it is removed.
- Check your sections: Go to the PAGE LAYOUT tab, click the Margins button, and select Custom Margins. Click the Layout tab. In the drop-down menu next to Section start, make sure that New page is selected. Click OK.
Use paragraph symbols
- Detect what’s on the page by displaying paragraph marks and formatting symbols. Look on your blank page to see if there are any symbols, especially the paragraph mark, or ¶. Select the symbol and delete it, and you will likely also delete your blank page.
- If your blank page is in the middle of the document, it may be due to a manual page break. With paragraph marks turned on, you will be able to see the page break. Select it and delete it.
Trouble with tables
- If there is a table at the end of your document, Word will automatically insert a paragraph after it, often resulting in a blank page at the end. While you can’t delete this inserted paragraph, you can make it extra small so it doesn’t cause a new page to be displayed. With paragraph marks turned on, select the paragraph symbol and change the font size to 1 point.
- If you still see a paragraph mark on the blank page, change the spacing around it. Select the paragraph symbol, go to the Paragraph section and launch the Paragraph formatting dialog box by clicking the pop-out icon in the lower right corner of the section. On the Indents and Spacing tab, change any spacing before or after the paragraph to 0. Change the Line spacing to 0. Click OK.
- If those two options didn’t work, you can hide the paragraph. Select the paragraph symbol, and launch the Font dialog box by clicking the pop-out icon in the lower-right corner of the Font section on the HOME tab. Select the Hidden check box in the Effects section and click OK.
Thus you can delete a page in word. Hope you can find this how to delete a page in word.
Leave a Reply