WhatsApp is a very popular instant messaging app right now on earth. With more than one billion users, WhatsApp has a huge database of users. Though WhatsApp is a very powerful instant messaging app, WhatsApp has its own advantages and disadvantages. Here I will give you the advantages and disadvantages of Whatsapp in detail.
Advantages of WhatsApp:
1)WhatsApp is free:‘Free’ is the biggest advantage of WhatsApp. From the starting time to up-to-date WhatsApp is totally free of cost to download and use. In the beginning time, WhatsApp was charging $1USD after one year of app use, but later WhatsApp stopped taking $1USD. Now WhatsApp is totally free to download and install on your mobile phones and tablets. It means you don’t need the credit balance to use WhatsApp if you have Internet packet data, then you can transfer the information easily including the images, the music, and video transfer without any charge.
2) Simple app interface and easy to use: Simple and clean interface of WhatsApp makes it very effective.WhatsApp is very easy to use. Once you installed the app on your phone, it automatically imports the contacts from your phone and it tells you that how many of your friends are using WhatsApp. Once contact imported, then you can do easily ping anyone who is using WhatsApp on your contact list. You can easily block the WhatsApp users that you don’t want to see your WhatsApp DP or someone with who you don’t want to have a conversation. and it is possible due to the simple interface of WhatsApp.In short, WhatsApp has a user-friendly interface and very handy to use.
3) Unlimited conversations every day: Yes! you can do unlimited conversations every day using your WhatsApp.You can send unlimited texts, unlimited photos, unlimited audio recording, unlimited documents also you can do unlimited voice calls and video calls using Whatsapp. It means WhatsApp gives you full freedom of chatting just you need active internet packet data or wifi connection.
4) WhatsApp groups and broadcast: You can easily create groups on WhatsApp to chat into groups and you can share information in groups. You can create a group with like-minded WhatsApp users, also you can keep in touch with your relatives, childhood, school, and college friends by using WhatsApp group chat. With the Broadcast List feature, you can send a message to several of your friends at once. Broadcast Lists are saved lists of message recipients that you can repeatedly send broadcast messages to, without having to select them each time.
5) Free Voice calls and Video Calls: As mentioned above WhatsApp is free of cost to use. Recently WhatsApp started both voice and video calling over the app. So if you have an active mobile data pack or wifi connection then you can do free voice or video call to your WhatsApp contact, no matter where it lives in the world. In case, you don’t have sufficient mobile balance then WhatsApp voice/video calls are very useful for you.
6)WhatsApp Web Version: Recently, WhatsApp started the web version of app. Now you can use WhatsApp on your computer or laptop. The big advantage of using WhatsApp Web is that you have a bigger keyboard for typing and a bigger display for a better experience of chatting. In case, you are a real chat addict then you might prefer the WhatsApp web version for chatting because of fast typing and bigger display.
7) End-to-End Encryption: It is the most important advantage of WhatsApp. Recently, WhatsApp added an end-to-end encryption feature.WhatsApp end-to-end encryption makes your data and communication highly secure. Due to this end-to-end encryption WhatsApp feature, no one can see inside your encrypted WhatsApp message. End-to-end encryption helps make communication via WhatsApp private – sort of like a face-to-face conversation.
8) Some other advantages of WhatsApp:
- Easy to download and install.
- No ads on WhatsApp, still up to date there is not any kind of advertisement on WhatsApp.It makes it a unique IM app and it stands out from other competitors.
- WhatsApp saves your money on SMS/MMS and Voice/Video calling.
- You don’t need to manually add any contact, it imports your contacts automatically.
- You can easily start a chat with your WhatsApp friend and you can easily create a WhatsApp group.
- One-button voice messaging option and easy voice call and video call option.
- You can easily share your location, photos, status, images, videos with your friends using WhatsApp.
- You can use WhatsApp on the web by using the WhatsApp web option.
Though WhatsApp has huge advantages, it has some disadvantages too.
Disadvantages of WhatsApp:
1)Whatsapp additction: WhatsApp can be easily addictive like other social media sites. If you don’t have self-control on yourself and you are a chatting lover then you will be definitely facing the problem of WhatsApp addiction. It will kill your very important time and it disturbs your work and daily routine schedule. So WhatsApp addiction is the most important disadvantage of WhatsApp.If you are WhatsApp addicted then don’t be worry, here is how to get over whatsapp addiction.
2)Spam problem: Like another messaging app WhatsApp has also a spam problem. In case, your mobile number gets to any stranger then he/she can send you unwanted spam messages on your WhatsApp.Many WhatsApp group shares unwanted messages and links which contents spam. Some spammer steals your information by sending you fake messages on WhatsApp.Too much spam will harm your smartphone.
3)Drain battery: WhatsApp is a mobile-based app, so until the mobile data or internet service is turned off, WhatsApp messages are likely to kill your battery more especially when your phone rings and vibrates any time you receive a WhatsApp message. Continues WhatsApp chatting, voice calling and video calling drain your mobile battery as early as possible.
4)Privacy: Your WhatsApp profile picture(DP) is visible to every person having your contact number and using this app, whether known by you or not. And it is very dangerous as per privacy concerns because your WhatsApp profile will be easily spied. Also, WhatsApp saves the files by default which you receive during WhatsApp chatting. Also, there is a risk, your wife/girlfriend/boyfrie
5)Mobile packet data: To use WhatsApp you need a smartphone with continuous active mobile internet data or active wi-fi connection. If you don’t afford a smartphone or mobile internet then you can’t use WhatsApp.
Thus WhatsApp has disadvantages that could be harmful to the user. So you have to use WhatsApp carefully to avoid these disadvantages.
Leave a Reply