Instagram has video upload limit. You can upload videos from 3 to 60 seconds in length if you want to share a video with your Instagram followers. If you want to share a video on your Instagram stories then you only get 15 seconds of video time per clip. And what if you have a longer video to share? then how to post longer videos on Instagram?
I know every Instagrammer facing this issue and he/she wants to share longer videos on Instagram. Here’s I come with some creative ideas which allow you to post longer videos on Instagram
How to post longer videos on Instagram
1. Share a Live Video
The best way to post longer videos on Instagram is recording live video on Instagram. With Instagram live video option, you can share video up to one hour long. While these Live video transfers used to be transient, now Instagram offers replays for your followers for 24 hours after you’ve got done with recording. On account of that, your Live Video winds up playing much like an Instagram Story and it seems appears in your followers Instagram feeds. just follow these steps to go live on Instagram.
- Swipe right on the main screen to get to the camera.
- Swipe left along the bottom of the screen to go from ‘Normal’ to ‘Live’
- Press ‘Start Live Video’
2. Upload multiple clips (iOS users only)
On iOS, you can really make longer videos on Instagram by uploading and hanging different video clips together.
To do this,
- tap Library, select the first video you want to upload, and then hit Next.
- You can then Trim the clip, and tap the plus sign icon to add another video clip, then tap Done.
- Once you’re done, tap Share.
Thus you can post a longer video on your Instagram account using your iPhone or iPad.
3. Use a third-party app
Post Lengthy Videos On Instagram On Android
You can use third-party apps to post longer videos on Instagram. If you are the Android user then you can use free Story Cutter for Instagram app. This application offers more noteworthy customization—you can slice clips to any length you pick—yet in the event that you’re particularly going for 15-second Stories uploads.
You can also use a VidTrim app on your Android phone to post lengthy videos on your Instagram stories. It is free to download on the Play Store.
- Download & Install app then launch the app and select the video you wish to split.
- Alter the begin and end markers by sliding your finger. Take mind that general length doesn’t surpass 15 seconds.
- Now, click on scissor icon and select Save As New Clip.
Likewise, do this operation until the point that you have parted the entire video into parts of 15 seconds each. Now add multiple posts to your Instagram Stories. I hope you understand very well how to post longer videos on Instagram.
Upload Long Videos To Instagram on iOS
On Instagram Stories, you can post longer videos on Instagram—as long as you split it up into 15-second clips. Applications, for example, Continual for Instagram ($7.99 on iOS) do that for you. The application gives you a chance to upload a video from a roll, isolates it into 15-second long clips, and spares those shorter clips to your camera roll. At that point, you can transfer those videos to Instagram Stories exclusively in a steady progression to share your full involvement as though you’d transferred a more drawn out video. It could be a worthwhile investment if you really want to post a longer video on Instagram.
You can also use free iOS app to upload long videos to Instagram on your iOS device. For example, you can use Crop Video – Cut Videos Editor To Trim & Split Vid free iOS app to edit and trim your Instagram videos.
- Download & Install crop video on your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch the app & allow the app to access your photo library. All the videos will be loaded into the app.
- Tap on the video which you wish to split and tap on Select at the top right corner.
- Now, select, Trim & Cut from the listed options.
- On the next screen, select Cut tab at the top. After that, move the marker at the bottom to start of the video 00:00 and tap on Start Here. Next, slide the marker to 00:15 and select End Here. After setting the start and end, tap on Done at the top right.
- To save the trimmed video tap on share icon at the top right and select Gallery or you can directly share it to Instagram as a story from within the app.
- Now, go back and select the original full-length video. Similarly, move the start and end markers to 00:15 and 00:30 respectively. In my case, the video is shorter in length so the end marker won’t be at 30 seconds. Again trim and save it. You can follow the same method until your video is completed in parts of 15 seconds.
- Now you can upload those videos to Instagram Stories.
Thus you can upload longer videos on Instagram stories on your iOS device. If you know other apps for how to post longer videos on Instagram then let us know via comments.